- December 1, 2018 Photos from AsiaHaptics 2018 are avaiable now. CLICK!
- September 28, 2018 Please note that VISA Information has been updated. CLICK!
- September 21, 2018 Submission of camera-ready papers with videos has been extended from Sep 14 to Sep 21, 2018
- September 7, 2018 The notification of acceptance has been extended from Aug 31 to Sep 7, 2018
- August 17, 2018 The submission deadline has been extended from Aug 10 to Aug 17, 2018 (Pacific Time.)
- Haptics Technology for Automobiles sponsored by Hyundai Motor Competition for Qualifiers will be held during the Asia Haptics 2018. (Detailed schedule and place will be announced soon)
- July 10, 2018 We updated Accomodation section with reservation forms for selected hotels.
- June 9, 2018 Notification of Student Challenge has been sent to the contact authors. Please contact email@example.com if you have not received it.
- March 26, 2018 Ultrahaptics supports mid-air haptic displays for Student Challenge in Automotive Haptics (link).
- March 22, 2018 Student Challenge in Automotive Haptics Submission is open (link).
- March 14, 2018 Flyer for the Student Challenges in Automotive Haptics is now available (download).
- February 26, 2018 Announced the Student Challenges in Automotive Haptics (link).
- February 22, 2018 Call for Participation is now open (download).
AsiaHaptics is a new type of international conference for the haptics fields, featuring interactive presentations with demos. AsiaHaptics welcomes all attendees related to or interested in haptic hardware, human haptic perception, and other haptic applications, from not only Asia but also all over the world. The third conference, AsiaHaptics 2018, will take place during Nov. 14 – 16, 2018 at CONVENSiA convention center, Songdo international business district, South Korea.
Special Event: Demo Winners of 2018 Haptics Conference
Asia Haptics 2018 is organizing a special session for demo winners at prior haptics conferences (Haptics Syposium 2018 and Eurohaptics 2018). We believe all participants will have a special time to share 'knowhow' for great demos at Asia Haptics 2018 which aims at demo-oriented conference.
- Tactile Apparent Motion through Human-Human Physical Touch: Taku Hachisu, Kenji Suzuki
- “HaptiComm”, a Tactile Stimulation Device for Deafblind Communication: Basil Duvernoy, Sven Topp, Vincent Hayward
- A Novel FerroFluid-based Fingertip Tactile Display for Concurrently Displaying Textire and Geometric Perception: Harsimran Singh, Bhivraj Suthar, Syed Zain Mehdi, Sang-Goo Jeong, Jee-Hwan Ryu
- FOLDAWAY Touch - A Force Rendering Joystick for Virtual and Augmented Reality: Stefano Mintchev, Marco Salerno, Alexandre Cherpillod, Simone Scaduto, and Jamie Paik
- Estimation and Presentation of Racket Grip Vibration with Tennis Video: Kentaro Yoshida, Yuuki Horiuchi, Tomohiro Ichiyama, Seki Inoue, Yasutoshi Makino, and Hiroyuki Shinoda
- Proposal of student challenges in automotive haptics
Apr. 30, 2018
May. 14, 2018 (Extended)
May. 27, 2018 (Final)
- Submission of demos and videos
Aug. 10, 2018
Aug. 17, 2018, 24:00 (Pacific Time)
- Notification of acceptance
Aug. 31, 2018
Sep. 7, 2018 (Extended)
- Workshop/Tutorial proposals
Aug. 31, 2018
- Submission of camera-ready papers with videos
Sep. 14, 2018
Sep. 21, 2018 (Extended)
Sep. 3, 2018 ~ Oct. 20, 2018 (Pacific Time)