August 10th August 17th (Extended), Asia Haptics solicits two types of submissions, live demo, video demo.
Please submit your contribution though the following link. (submission link)
To download the AsiaHaptics 2018 Call for Participation please click the link below.
Your submission for the live demo should include a short paper with a video.
Please use the Springer format (link) for your short paper.
For the final publication, Springer will professionally typeset the book.
Therefore, the final layout of your paper available online might be subject to minor modification from your camera ready version.
- The standard length of the paper is two pages, but it can be extended to six pages.
- The paper must be written using Springer MS Word or LaTeX formats and submitted in PDF format.
- Each paper must include abstract, around five keywords, and references.
- Width of figures and tables will be set to 117, 78 or 36 mm during final typesetting.
- High resolution figures must be submitted separately when the final version is prepared for publication.
- The length of the video clip should be less than two minutes. Its resolution and size are also limited to less than 1280×720 and 100MB, respectively.
- Allowed video file types are .mp4, .mov, .m4v, .wmv, .avi, and .flv. MP4 using the H.264 codec is recommended for the video format.
- All video demos will be provided with a 1.8 m by 0.6 m table, a chair, a poster board, and 220V-1.5kW power source. If you have any special request, please describe at the submission menu.
All accepted papers for the live demo will be published in Springer Lecture Notes in Electrical Engineering, which will be accessible worldwide. Each video for the live demo will also be uploaded to the Springer Video system with a link to the paper. However, you may also choose not to publish them. Acceptance will be based on all submitted materials. The selection process includes reports by independent reviewers, followed by a jury selection process that will consider these reports as well as other criteria such as feasibility, and available space at the conference.
For researchers who having difficulties to bring their hardware setup and who is mainly doing psychophysics oriented experiments, but still want to participate AsiaHaptics, we open a new type of contribution, video demo. Video demo accepts single page abstract (format download link) together with a video. The submitted video has same restrictions to that of Live demo. The abstracts and videos for the accepted video demo will only be included in the USB proceedings of AsiaHaptics 2018 but will not be included in Springer Lecture Notes in Electrical Engineering. Thus, transfer of the copyright will not be required.